Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Funny Things Kids Do

I thought I would share this story with you about a cute incident my youngest son did the other day.
Were we live the weather can be from one extreme to the other. Currently we have been in a heat wave and my husband I get text messages when ever there is extreme weather coming or for any cautions that we should be aware of. A few days ago we received a text about the heat. It stated that it would be 90 degrees and the heat index would be over 100. The TV news even indicated that everyone needed to be cautious about being out in the sun, that everyone should drink plenty of water, limit their time out, wear sun screen and keep covered or stay in if possible.
Of course being summer the kids want to be outside every chance they get. Well my  youngest was wanting to go out in the hottest part of the day and his dad was trying to explain and remind him of what the news people just had said and that it would be best if he waited until later more towards the evening when the sun would start to be going down. My son seemed ok with it and we went about our business. About 10 to 15 minutes later my son comes from out of his room wearing jeans, a flannel shirt, not to mention his leather jacket, his snow boots, a cowboy hat and his batting gloves. He said " Now I am all covered up so I can go out side." My husband and I couldn't help but chuckle. All he needed yet was a sky mask. It's funny how literally kids take things sometimes.
I am sorry to say I didn't think on capturing that Kodak moment but I'll just leave it to your imaginations.


May You Have a Good Laugh Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment